Christopher F. Mercado
MBA, CFP®, CIMA®, AIFA®
Managing Partner and Chief Investment Strategist
As an owner and Managing Partner of The Financial Services Network, Christopher is responsible for leading the Business Development initiatives within the organization, which includes the recruitment of new advisors, offices and institutions to the organization. He focuses on sales/marketing and the generation of new business for both The Network and Network-affiliated advisors and offices.
Beginning his career in 1996, Christopher has held various positions in investment sales, equity trading, business consulting and business development. He has worked with firms including Allianz Global Partners – Nicolas Applegate Capital Management, First American Capital Management, EVEREN Securities and Smith Barney. Prior to joining The Network, Christopher served as the Regional Advisory Consultant with LPL Financial for seven years, advocating and supporting the growth and sustainability of the independent business model. He is also a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, having served as a business development volunteer in Guatemala, Central America.
Christopher is a native Northern Californian and resides with his loving family in Danville, California.
- Master of Business Administration, University of the Pacific
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, California State University, San Marcos
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Certified Investment Management Analyst℠ professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary ™ professional
- Kolbe Certified Coach*
- Securities registrations Series 7, 24, 31 and 53 held through LPL Financial. Series 66 held through Strategic Wealth Advisors Group, and LPL Financial.
- FINRA Series 7: General Securities Representative Examination
- FINRA Series 24: General Securities Principal Qualification Examination
- FINRA Series 31: Futures Managed Funds Examination
- FINRA Series 53: Municipal Securities Principal Qualification Examination
- FINRA Series 66: NASAA Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Licensed to sell Life, Health and Disability insurance in the state of California.
- *The Kolbe certification signifies I have the knowledge and insight to use Kolbe Indexes and software to identify people's natural talents and help individuals and organizations utilize those talents productively.